Được tạo bởi Blogger.

Thứ Bảy, 20 tháng 11, 2010

Hermione: How does it feel, Harry? When you see Dean with Ginny.
Harry: Oh, uhm.
Hermione: I know. I see the way you look at her. You’re my best friend
(Half-blood prince movie, part 6 of the Harry Potter series)

A nice thing about watching a movie alone is that you can replay a scene you like, and listen to the same conversation again and again. Indulge yourself in beautiful words and be lost in the sobering of a girl watching the guy she likes kissing another.
                                                             * * *
A quiet Saturday night, I spent time in my room reading 2 books. For a moment, I thought to myself: there is nothing as exciting as to begin a book, and nothing as satisfying as to finish a book. I felt fulfilled.

I came to the conclusion that I'll never get enough of Harry Potter. Tears still fell down, even though it was the second or third time watching the movie, and even more times reading the book.

I couldn't help but dazzling at the question: "How does it feel to be stripped of all love?" A few people who love Harry dies after another. He didn't know love, got to know some, and be deprived of it. How strong must he be, not to hate this life and give up? How much pain can a human suffer from before he loses his mind?

At the same time, I wondered if I have missed out many things by virtue of staying in my room on a Saturday night. After 4 years, I still know nothing about life of a young Canadian. I have shared house with them, but I never really occupy a visible spot, I was a mere audience. I watched them, but maintain a distance so far and firm that they didn't even care to attempt to bring me back in.

                                                           * * *
In 1973, the year "How people change" was published, homosexuality was perceived by psychologist as a psychic problem, something people can fix if they are willing enough to resist temptation. In 1997, the year "Sleepless in Seattle was produced, when a father went out, he gave his son the restaurant's phone number to contact him in emergency case, because no one had a cell phone or even had a clue what it is. In 1999, when I was ten, I often closed my eyes and dreamt about something I can put all my favourite songs into, in an order I like and don't have to change tapes and CDs to look for just one particular song.

In 2010, an explicit discrimination against homosexuality can be charged as a criminal act. A cell phone with no other function than to call and send text message is considered backward. And I have a mp3 player.

Time is really something, isn't it? Not only technologies, but also beliefs, ideas and the clear-line between right and wrong, moral and immoral, healthy and sick also change. That opens up a full range of possibilities. There's no need to accept what we don't like, we can work out together to change it.

                                                         * * *
When I don't like a feeling, I'll send it away.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét