Được tạo bởi Blogger.

Thứ Ba, 19 tháng 10, 2010

I just got a call from a classmate, who is now struggling with a paper I finished and submitted this morning. He is Korean, and we've been having class together since 1st year. Not all of them, but one or two every year. Actually I registered for this class under his influence and encouragement. Had it not been for him, I might have been still staying in that 2nd class and hating myself for it. He is almost the only classmate I talk to and know a little more than a mere face.

No, there is no romantic encounter here, for those of you who are expecting it. I just want to note down that I felt pretty happy, because he said: "Sorry I can't help myself". Of course the main reason for the call was: "How do you structure your paper? I read everything but I can't organize it into a decent essay."

Oh well, that's how I felt last night too. But I managed to go through the pain of writing 1000 words in 3 hours from 6 to 9 this morning. It's just 1000 words, but precisely because it is too short, it is difficult to choose the right things to say and organize them into a smooth flow. I told him what I did. It may be some help, may be not.

It's just Im happy to hear: "Sorry I can't help myself". I don't know when was the last time I said something similar. Fear of refusal always prevents me from admitting when I want something but not 100% sure that I'll be accepted. Anyway, now I know "Sorry I can't help myself" is lovely sometimes, because then I know someone thinks of me when they feel desperate.

p/s: I refrained myself from asking to sit with someone yesterday. I really wanted to, but I wasn't sure if they would feel comfortable, a moment of silence, then I left. That's so typically being me :))

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét